The Master Cleanse Diet
You might have heard of the Master Cleanse Diet a million times before, but you’ve probably never really paid much attention to it. The Master Cleanse Diet, also known as The Lemonade Diet was first started by a ,man named Stanley Burroughs in 1941. It was then made popular by Peter Glickman through his book, “Lose Weight, Have More Energy and Be Happier in 10 Days”, which promotes Burroughs’ regimen to a modern audience who might not have understood what exactly he meant by this. So here’s the 411 on the Master Cleanse Diet!
Now first off I must tell you that this diet is not for everyone. It is not a way to loose 40 or 50 pounds and free yourself from obesity. The Master Cleanse is strictly for those wanting to loose just a little bit of weight (anywhere from 5 to 20 pounds depending on your body). Basically, the Master Cleanse Diet involves courage and commitment, but it sure does its job! I’ve actually done the Master Cleanse Diet and I was absolutely shocked at the results (I needed to fit into my skinny jeans for an event!). Within a week, I had lost a whopping 15 pounds, and I owe it all to the Master Cleanse Diet! So here is how I did it!
The Master Cleanse Diet consists of drinking a concoction of freshly squeezed lemon juice, grade B maple syrup, cayenne pepper, and filtered water that is free of fluoride. You can keep up this diet anywhere from 10 to 45 days depending on how much weight you wish to lose. Typically, a person will lose around a pound a day or more. Depending on how you feel, you might drink less lemonade and more maple syrup, so it’s important to listen to your body’s needs. Also, it’s very crucial that all of the ingredients you mix are natural.
- Use only filtered water
- Use organic ingredients The goal of the Master Cleanse is to remove toxic substances from your body so stay away from ingredients that have been sprayed with pesticides
- Don’t use concentrated lemon juice If you have to you can use non-organic lemons, but you cannot use concentrated lemon juice because It’s filled with sugar and preservatives.
- Make sure the sea salt is Unrefined or Not iodized This will be used as a laxative. Mix 2 teaspoons of the sea salt in a glass of lukewarm water after the second day on the diet.
Master Cleanse Diet Recipe (6 servings)
- 60 ounces of filtered water
- 12 Tablespoons of organic grade B maple syrup
- 12 Tablespoons of organic lemon juice
- 1/2 Teaspoon cayenne pepper powder